Built in 1888, it was last renovated in 1956 and is one of the oldest churches in downtown Birmingham. We collaborated with the church building committee and architect to renovate the traditional beauty of “old world” craftsmanship. We impacted the apse, sanctuary, choir loft, chancel, nave, and narthex. Our work included renewing timber roof trusses, patching/repairing/painting aged plaster ceilings and walls, repairing floor joists, replacing vintage cork floors and porcelain tile, upgrading cathedral light fixtures and improving the overall condition of their stained glass works. We added visibility to the stained glass window by customizing the millwork. Minor cosmetic improvements were made to the corridors and stairwells. We coordinated with the church’s organ, roofing, stain glass and lighting consultants. It was a labor of love.